Monday, November 12, 2007

Anteater's Ball

Friday and Saturday I worked a show at church called the Anteater's Ball. It's a show put on by a club at Lipscomb University to raise funds for foreign charities in this case, a school in Haiti.

Whenever I go into things like this, I'm a little resentful to be honest. Yes, I'm helping out with my services and there's usually compensation for it, but it means that I'm away from my family and Sheryl's at home by herself with the kids. And I went into it with that attitude some this weekend.

Thankfully, I had a lot of fun doing the show. The rehearsal was fairly loose and people didn't get too uptight about things. I was able to joke with the kids about a variety of things and even the show went really well and was done in an hour and a half. I'll say that there were some fairly marginally talented people that performed and some exceptionally talented people as well. In fact, because of one of the performances, I downloaded (legally from iTunes) the song All These Things I Have Done by The Killers.



I might have to check out some of the other things that they've done. At any rate, a pretty good weekend overall. Look for some fun pictures and a video of Connor tomorrow.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro