Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Colorado Trip and Pictures

Well, two weekends ago, the entire family was down in Florida. This last weekend, Kinsey and I spent 5 days in Colorado, doing some spring skiing with my parents and one of their friends. I expected it to be really bad skiing with a lot of ice and slush, but while we were there, we got about 8 inches of new snow and it was actually a great time.

This was Kinsey's 4th year to go skiing and she has really gotten braver each year, thankfully. Kinsey will never be a mountain climber or cliff diver. She just doesn't have the courage gene in her. So I was afraid that she would never really enjoy skiing that much, but by the last day, she was skiing all by herself and just flying down the slopes, and most importantly, having a ton of fun doing it. There were a couple of situations where she ended up unintentionally in the trees and got a bit scared. But once she got "rescued from her tree adventure," she just went flying back down the slopes again.

As for me, I skied the first two days, because it is something that I just love. I went up high and did some beautiful and difficult skiing. On the last two days (Sat and Sun), I decided to try my hand at snowboarding. My parents have really loved it and I wanted to give it a shot. And I loved it. It was very hard work for me to do and get used to toe-ing and heel-ing and edging, but once I got it down, I was going down the green slopes (easy) fairly well, with only a few head knocking falls and fewer face plants.

At any rate, it was a great time and I look forward to each time I can go which has been 3 times in the last 4 years. I already can't wait for next year.















Kinsey and Gee (my mom) getting ready for the day of skiing
















Kinsey and Dad (my dad) ready for the slopes
















Kinsey and me skiing together.















Me after falling on the snowboard and Kinsey sympathizing

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro