Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's a YouTube Miracle!

Last Christmas, you may have gotten forwarded a video of a guy, Carson Williams, who had put lights on his house and synced them up with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra song, Wizards of Winter. Here it is.



Well, apparently, Mr. Williams' neighborhood didn't like all the cars sitting in front of their houses and clogging up the streets so he had to shut it down. But this year, he's moved it to a part and gone from 25,000 lights to 80,000 lights. Here are two videos from it, one is a repeat and better video of the one above, the other is a new one, both songs are by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and both videos are much better quality than the one above.

Wizards of Winter



Christmas Eve/Sarejevo 12-24



Both are really cool to watch, although it loses a little of its coolness factor now that it's not on a house.

One final Christmas video. One of my favorite things about YouTube is being able to find old music videos from the 80's and 90's. I'll be sharing some more of those in the future, but for now, here are David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth.



Merry Christmas

3 comments:

Karen said...

That Bing/David duet is one of my favorites of all time... I passed up the TSO and lights videos to watch it first.

I miss Bing.

Jeff said...

I agree it's cooler when it's on a house. I couldn't figure out what the lights showing up in the middle of it where until I realized they were car lights.

Unknown said...

I'm glad I accidently stumbled upon your blogger. This is a great blog entry. I love the Christmas light show and David Bowie and Bing Crosby singing a Christmas song together! 2 of my favorite singers.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro