Thursday, August 07, 2008

YouTube Thursday: Every Step You Stand By Me

About three years ago, I went through a kick where I loved mashups. For those of you unfamiliar, mashups are taking two separate songs and mixing them together to form one song. My criteria was fairly stringent. I had to know at least one of the songs and the mashup actually had to be good. Fulfilling these criteria proved more difficult to meet than I'd thought, but I found some good ones:
  • I Wanna Dance with Some Bono - U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday mashed with Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance with Somebody
  • Oops Slim Shady Did It Again - Eminem's Slim Shady mashed with Britney Spears' Oops I Did It Again
  • Booty-stitious - Destiny's Child's Bootylicious with Stevie Wonder's Superstitious
  • Owner of a Lovely Butt - Yes' Owner of a Lonely Heart with Sir Mix-A-Lot's Baby Got Back
And a bad ones like the Chariots Killed the Radio Star - Vangelis' Chariots of Fire with The Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star.

However, one of the best ones I found was this one which is a mash of Ben E. King's Stand By Me and the Police's stalker hit Every Breath You Take.



Still one of my favorite ones. Now, if I could just find a good mash of Queen and David Bowie's Under Pressure with Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby.... Seriously.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro