Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pachelbel's Canon in YouTube

One of the sites I frequent is Digg, basically a social networking site where people submit stories and websites and also videos. So I was on there the other day and this video was linked. It is a rant against Pachelbel's Canon in D and it's one of the funnier things I've seen in a while. Warning: PG language.



I can understand this guy's frustration. I've done sound for quite a few weddings and been to a ton of them too. So I could definitely sympathize with him. In the comments on the Digg story, one person said that it reminded them of another video. Apparently it's one of the most popular videos in the history of YouTube and clicking it, I had no idea what I was about to see. What I saw was pretty incredible.



Yes, that is an Asian (Korean, to be specific) guy absolutely shredding on Pachelbel's Canon in D on his electric guitar (the computer is playing everything else besides the lead guitar). Watching that the first time, I was blown away by the talent and on subsequent viewings I'm increasingly impressed. It's one of those things where I feel like if I knew more about playing guitar beyond the chords, I'd be even more impressed. Heck, I can't even do those bar chords he does at the beginning. Plus the song sounds really cool too. Almost a Trans-Siberian Orchestra feel to it.

btw, here is a NYTimes story giving all the backstory on it and talking a bit more about this guy. Just phenomenal.

1 comment:

Jonathon said...

ok- that was HILARIOUS!!! thanks for the post. i hope all is well.

shalom,
jnorm

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro