Thursday, January 04, 2007

Heroes Fix

So, it's been since last year that you've seen any new Heroes footage, hasn't it? And you're wondering, is there anything out there that will get me through until January 22 without binge-ing on spoilers?

Yes. Yes, there is. NBC is running Heroes marathons on Mondays. Three hours on January 1st and three hours next week. And on the first, they showed previews of the upcoming episodes. A courtesy the magic of YouTube, I present them here for you.







Now, I could truly geek out like a raving fanboy about this footage. But I won't... no matter the temptation. Suffice it to say, that while previews for shows can be made to look as good as possible, I'm finding it hard not to get excited about this show. Very excited. And with Psych coming back on January 19 and Battlestar Galactica coming back on January 21, winter looks to be very exciting.

Addendum: OK. Elizabeth, you asked for it and now you get it. Geeking out like a raving fanboy over these previews. I'm going to take it by main character.

Nathan Petrelli: Nathan is obviously coming around to accepting that the "Heroes" in the world are there and he is a part of them. I don't know how that will play out, but people really like his character and I think he'll play a major role in the end of this storyline.

Peter Petrelli: I find it interesting that Peter seems to want to be "cured" in these previews. Along with Hiro, he seemed to be one of the only ones to embrace their roles and powers. So for him to be volunteering to let Mohinder and Mr. Bennett(?) inject him seems very weird and possibly out of character. The bearded man that he talks to is played by Christopher Eccleston who played Dr. Who on last season's BBC series. I know from one spoiler that I read that his power is invisibility and that he will be become some kind of mentor to Peter, which makes Peter's desire to be cured even more interesting.

Hiro: Hiro finds his sword! With the weird symbol on it! And there's a shot of T-Rex skeleton behind him at one point! Seriously, the sword seems to be a big deal here and I'm not sure if it's an actual weapon or a symbol. Now, seeing the symbol on the sword makes me wonder about the Heroes themselves and Mohinder's dad's research and who Mr. Bennett works for. Has there been an organization that has worked with people with powers for a long time? At any rate, Hiro is such a bright spot on the show and his enthusiasm for who he is and embracing it is one of the best parts of the whole thing. One other thing: as Hiro's English improves, does Ando become expendable? Or maybe Ando is working for someone else and keeping an eye on Hiro? Just random speculation there.

Claire: She's trying to find Peter again, which is very understandable. He's the only person besides Zach that she's ever talked to about this and she wants to continue that. Speaking of Zach, he's back and filming her again. Does the Haitian give him his memory back? She's also looking at her dad's computer, possibly. She's realizing that her whole existence has been a lie. Which is kind of sad from two perspectives. 1) That her whole existence has been a lie and 2) it really ruins the little father-daughter dynamic going on between her and her dad that was a really sweet aspect to the show. I know it had to happen, but it still disappoints me. And her word: "Mom?" Is she talking about her adopted mother? Her birth mother? Her fake-birth mother?

Nikki/Jessica: Nikki is obviously in jail confessing to murder. Which murder? Take your pick, DL's crew, the money launderer and his gambling friends. Nikki also seems to want to get rid of Jessica and the syringe shots look like her getting poked. Will it work? Will Nikki become the dominant personality or is Jessica actually the dominant personality and Nikki the one that she developed to hide in? No spoiler there, just some random speculation.

DL/Micah: Like I said at the end of the fall season, they've got to do something with this storyline or drop them because I couldn't really care less. The only interesting thing was the two of them looking at Nikki in her cell. Will DL uses his phasing ability and Micah his technological power to get her out?

Issac: He's still clean it looks like and Hiro has come back with him to New York. Nathan finds him and they talk about his paintings. Simone (another character that hasn't registered much on my radar) is there and falls at some point, it seems.

Matt: Matt's obviously ticked at Bennett for kidnapping him, but how will all of that play out? That's one storyline I don't really have a bead on, but I'm really interested. They need to make his wife more sympathetic, because I'd rather not see the two of them get divorced even though Matt really did cheat on their "date."

Mohinder: Obviously embracing his role as the science guy and teaming up with Mr. Bennett to cure(?) the Heroes who want to be cured. Will he move to Texas to help Bennett? Where will "The List" play into all of this?

Sylar: He seems to be slightly comatose at this point, but I'm thinking that roach walking across his floor is either not long for the world or an indication that there is some way out of his cell.

And finally, Mr. Bennett: The list is very important to him. Is it to find these Heroes to protect them or to protect the world from him? He's in some organization without initials (OWI) that wants Sylar alive and he's taking his orders from someone else, particularly about keeping Sylar alive. I'm really enjoying this character and curious to see how he's going to develop.

So that's my deep geeking. I love this show. Obviously. And I'm really looking forward to the 22nd.

5 comments:

Rob Cox said...

Can't wait for the 22nd!

Jeff said...

Ok, you got me hooked.

But I still want to see what happens on Lost.

And...most importantly...Jack's back! 24 starts in a little over a week.

Elizabeth said...

Please..."geek out like a raving fanboy!" I want to hear any thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Masi Oka was on Leno last night and was pretty good. Looking forward to 1/22 as well.

Elizabeth said...

So cool! Thanks for "geeking". Did you get all that from those previews? I never would have been able to come up with those thoughts. But, then again, I'm not very creative or imaginative...which is probably why this show thrills me so! How do they come up with it all?! You have successfully made me more pumped for the 22nd!!

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro