Friday, July 07, 2006

Community

Sheryl and I have had a lot of family stuff going on this week: spending the first part of it at Lake Nottely near Blairsville, GA and Sheryl's brother and sister with us the latter part of it.

Spending all of this time with family just really brought home to me the need for community. For the last year or so, Sheryl and I have not been involved in a small group and I've been really missing that community. I get so little opportunity up in the tech booth to interact with people in the way I did at the old building out in the open. And even with teaching my class, I interact a lot, but it's still not the same. Things got so crazy with the England trip and then Connor that we didn't really feel like we had the time, but the more and more I think about it, I really start coming back to something I've said before: Following Jesus is an intensely personal journey that can only be properly done in community.

I'm looking forward to finding a smaller community to be involved in again and looking forward to growing with others as well.

7 comments:

Malia said...

Come to our group!! Small children VERY welcome, we have a bunch of them!

Donna G said...

I am quoting you on my blog.

Phil said...

Where is your blog, djg?

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Love your work Phil. I pray all is well there in Nashville.

Stop by sometime at Stoned-Campbell Disciple.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

Tiffany said...

Phil-
Are you looking to join an existing small group, or to start your own?

Let's talk about this - this is an issue I have REALLY been struggling with the last few months.

Anonymous said...

Just want to back up what Malia said! We would love to have you, Sheryl, and the kids join us!

Donna G said...

Oh, my blog is here

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro