Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Singarama (for real)

So two weeks ago, I spent the week as the Tech Director for Lipscomb University's Singarama. Harding and ACU and probably Freed-Hardeman do something similar. It's basically an excuse for Church of Christ kids to get up and dance (planned choreography) when they usually can't. It was held at Otter Creek this year because Lipscomb is renovating their big auditorium and needed a place to hold it. So much like the Anteater's Ball back in November, it was in our building.

There were a lot of challenges from a staging perspective (no curtains for one thing) and moving people on and off stage. Sound was a struggle as well, but fortunately, I wasn't running it. We had a great group of people running things from stage managing and sound and light. I was doing some video work and keeping everything together.

The downside to all of this was that Sunday, March 30th, through, Saturday, April 5th (excluding the Monday) I was there every night until 12:30. Plus working my regular full time job. I had a great time doing it and it was fun to be involved in Singarama since I never did it when I was at Lipscomb, but I was ready to be home and with Sheryl and the kids, to help her out and be able to kiss them good night.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro