Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sleep

Kids are weird. And no, I'm not just discovering that.

I have always been a night owl. As you can tell from the time of this post, I love to stay up late. I can function pretty well off of anywhere fro 6-10 hours of sleep. Less than that and I'm falling asleep during conference calls, hoping I've hit Mute to keep them from hearing my snoring. More than that and my body aches and I feel like I've taken a hit of Nyquil.

Kinsey is a strange story in and of herself. As a baby, she used to take two 2-hour naps a day. Sheryl loved that because Sheryl loves her naps too. And even as recently as last year, a two hour nap was just about a daily occurence (for Kinsey, although I'm sure Sheryl would take that too).

Nowadays though, it's a different thing. Kinsey would still take a nap if we let her, generally, although it might involve driving around for 15 minutes (and yes, I've done that). But if Kinsey gets even a 1-hour nap, she might be up until 11pm. Yes. 11pm. Wide awake.

If she doesn't take a nap, there is a good chance that she will fall asleep at 7pm, but also a decent chance that she might wake up at midnight or 1am. Wide awake. Wanting to play.

So on nights that we're going to be out or somewhere, like church on Wednesday nights, we'll let her sleep for a bit

I'm sure that she's just getting her sleep cycle and needs figured out. I just hope it happens before our son is born.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro