Thursday, December 04, 2008

YouTube Thursday: Guitar Hero on Drums

I'm a casual gamer. I like playing on my Xbox360. Quite a few driving games, some shooters and RPGs, but definitely the music games, like Guitar Hero and especially Rock Band.

Yesterday, Scott Freeman sent me this video of a guy who hooked up a MIDI drumset to his computer and routed it through his console and came up with this on the hardest song in the entire Guitar Hero 3 game, Through Fire and Flame.



And just for some context, here's the same song played on the guitar controller.

Oh yeah, by a 9 year old....



And here's the music video for the actual song by Dragonforce, just for comparison to what real guitarists do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really something else! Admittedly, I just was exposed to Rock Band for the first time this past weekend (yes, I'm a bit luddite). I've played guitar for almost 20 years now, and I honestly found that guitar controller much harder than the real thing, so hats off to these kids.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro