Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Birthday Sunday

One of my favorite Otter Creek traditions is Birthday Sunday. On the first Sunday of the month, we bring up the children who have birthdays that month and read off their names, say a prayer over them, and then give them cake (not on stage). Connor's birthday is in May so this was his time to go up and from my perspective in the tech booth I can take some pictures.

"All this, for me?"

Mommy on the praise team, trying to sneak a glance.

"Ok, I'll just stand here and look cutely awesome."

"Oh yeah, all my life group friends sit on that side."

All the children of Birthday Sunday.

1 comment:

Forrest Blogs said...

Cole quotes:

Pic 1: "Where's the cake? They said there would be cake!"

Pic 3: "Maybe the cake is in the balcony."

Pic 4:"Look Perry Campbell, do you think our cake is over there?"

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro